My Own Hero : Nov 5, 2005
There was a fire last night in the vicinity of our yard. I put it out. Yay me. Stupid disrespectful kids.
I heard a truck when I was playing on the computer last night. When I looked out the window after I heard the truck leave I saw a strange light. Hm. I had never noticed that before. I walked outside and found myself being pulled by a strange magnetic force to this eerie source of light. What is it, I wondered. Was it perhaps the remnants of a UFO? Was it a flashlight with a person attached to it, standing very still? Was it a lantern filled with a never-ending fuel supply? Was it a reflection of a street light? What could it be?
Fire. It was fire. You know that red and orange-ish stuff that hurts when you touch it? It kind of burns, you know? Well, that's what it was. Fire. There was a fire inside of this big yellow thick plastic five foot long, two foot high blockade bricky thing. Someone had somehow lit a fire inside of this big yellow bricky thing and it was quickly spreading throughout its hollow insides. Smoke whooshed out of one hole and flames shot out the other hole.
I traversed back up to the house, found a bucket, filled it with water from the house and set off down the hill to try my hand at fire-fighting. I won. I fought that fire. It died. I lived. The end. Okay, not really. I'm not done yet.
So yeah, I went down there with the bucket full of water. I walk-ran down the hill, splattering little drops of water on my awesome new boots along the way. I didn't care about ruining my awesome new boots(well, yeah, the thought had crossed my mind to change into some less awesome shoes, but I had no time). I was a woman on a mission. I had to fight that fire. I have had dreams about fires starting down there and watching the flames lick their way all the way up to the house to torch our beloved home. I wasn't about to let that occur. Nope. Not this time.
So when I safely reached the fire I dipped my hand into the bucket and splattered some water on the fire to make sure that it wasn't like a grease fire and if I put water on it then I would die. Well, guess what. It was a grease fire. I put that water on the fire. The fire whooshed up into my face. I suffered from third degree burns on 90% of my body. And then I died. So yes. I am dead. Dead dead dead. I am dead. I am a ghost. No. Not really. Ha ha. I had you there, didn't I?
So yeah. I poured that bucket of water on the fire. The fire went out after the water washed through the insides of the bricky thing. There was a hole burnt into the top of the bricky thing. The hole was like a foot in diameter. So yeah. The whole thing would have been engulfed in flames if it weren't for me putting out that fire. So yes. I am my own hero.
P.S. Did ya'll see my name in the paper? Someone stold my wallet last week (the day before the day I turned old). So that was a bummer, but I got most of my stuff back, so that was good. : )
Wednesday, January 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment