Friday, July 31, 2009

PT and fuel pumps

I survived Monday’s cross training. Barely. PT was canceled on Tuesday because of Commander’s Call and I cried real tears of joy when my husband told me. I spent all day Tuesday trying to ignore the pain in my abs. I felt awesome after the initial workout, but I crashed a couple hours later.

Wednesday was 3-mile run day. I honestly didn’t think I could do it. I managed to run the first mile-and-a-half without stopping then ran-walked-ran the rest of the way. I made it in 38:15. Not too bad, right? Well, considering I’ve never tried to go that far before. Joe beat me by half a minute, so I plan to exact my revenge at today’s 3-mile run. That is, if I can even do it after yesterday’s core training. We’ll see.

Yesterday we did just about a million-and-a-half sit-ups and push-ups. I got lost every time we did an exercise that required more than two steps. They do these crazy push-ups where you start standing, jump down, push-up, do some crazy thing with your feet, then back up to the starting position. Everyone had already finished the whole process by the time I pushed myself back up. I also learned that I cannot do diamond push-ups. I barely did one. But, this was after two or three rounds of regular push-ups.

We’ll see what today’s run will bring.

We figured out what’s wrong with my car. It turns out the fuel pump is broken. I wondered why my car chugged so much the past few months. I feel stupid when it comes to things of that nature. One time when I was still living at home I let the oil get so low that my engine ticked. Dad ran out of the house and yelled at me, “Don’t you know why it’s doing that? When was the last time you put oil in it?” I never had. Now I check the oil often and make sure it’s full. Thanks to Dad, that’s one thing I know about cars. It sucks that we’re so far away. I miss Dad and the rest of my family.

Anyway. I called to have the car towed this morning. This should be a relatively cheap venture – well, compared to an engine problem, I guess. Hopefully it will be fixed soon. I never really feel like going anywhere until I can’t.

No comments: